The MXH915 Gen4 Host Adapter is our entry level PCIe 4.0 solution for connecting servers to external I/O subsystems. Based on Microchip® Gen4.0 PCI Express bridging architecture, the MXH915 adapter enables reliable transparent PCIe cable connections and clock isolation.
The card does not supports the new PCI-SIG CMI (Cable Management Interface ) protocol as defined in the current PCI-SIG External Cable specification 3.0 but uses a proprietary mechanism to transmit reset. Please contact Dolphin for more information on compatibility for PCIe target devices. If you need a transparent card with Host and Target functionality supporting the CMI protocol, please select the MXH932.
The MXH915 is carefully designed for maximum cable lengths. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters. More info on cable alternatives for the MXH932 card.
The MXH915 uses an on-board DIP-Switch to select operational parameters.
eXpressWare Board Management Software
The MXH915 Adapter card comes with the optional eXpressWare Board Management software for simplified monitoring and management. For more information on Dolphin board management software visit here.
- PCI Express® 4.0 compliant - 16.0 GT/s per lane
- Link compliant with Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4 PCI Express
- PCIe 4.0 cables
- Single SFF-8644 x4 Gen4 PCI Express cable port that can be configured as one x4 link.
- Supports both copper and fiber-optic cables
- Host clock isolation support
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- Flash for safe system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate
Dolphin PCIe Gen4 Transparent Adapter comparison
The table below compares the PCIe Gen 4.Transparent adapters available from Dolphin.
|PCIe Cable port
|Quad x4 SFF-8644
|Dual x4 SFF-8644
|Quad x4 SFF-8644
|Single x4 SFF-8644