The MXH914 is our entry level PCIe 4.0 NTB adapter. It supports a single x4 PCIe connection and utilizes the Microchip Switchtec® Gen4 PCIe switch for host to host communication. The adapter is used for both clustering and hot add application and is ideal for connecting smaller systems that don't need the full PCIe 4.0 x16 bandwidth.
For application developers, the MXH914 host adapter combines 64 GT/s performance with an application to application latency below 500 nanoseconds. It includes support for our eXpressWare software.
Dolphin eXpressWare Software
The MXH914 card comes with a full license to the Dolphin eXpressWare clustering software. eXpressWare includes the following:
- SISCI API - a robust and powerful shared memory programming environment for PCIe
- Standard TCP/IP drivers
- SuperSockets socket accelerator software
- SmartIO - access to remote PCIe devices over PCIe
- Board management software
The eXpressWare software suite takes advantage of DMA and PIO data transfer schemes to effectively move both large and small data sets. PIO transfers optimize small packet movement at the lowest latency. DMA operations transfers data with virtually no CPU consumption. The eXpressWare software suite for the the MXH914 is currently available for Linux and Windows.
To learn more about our eXpressWare software click here for more information: Dolphin eXpressWare clustering software.
The MXH914 card includes a single SFF-8644 cable connector for PCIe 4.0 cables. The MXH914 is optimized for maximum cable lengths. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters. More info on cable alternatives for the MXH914 card.
The MXH914 can be used in two types of PCIe networks:
- A two node network connecting MXH914 systems in a back-to-back configuration. Each node will connect with a full PCIe Gen 4.0 x4 link between them.
- The MXH914 can be connected to a MXS924 24 port PCIe Gen4 switch to scale out to larger networks.
- PCI Express® 4.0 compliant - 16.0 GT/s per lane
- Four lane PCIe Gen 4.0 link
- Link compliant with Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 PCI Express
- PCI Express 4.0 cables
- Single SFF-8644 x4 Gen 4.0 PCI Express NTB cable port
- RDMA support through DMA, PIO and System DMA
- Copper and fiber-optic cable connector
- Full host Clock isolation support. Automatic support for host running CFC or SSC
- Non-transparent bridging to cabled PCI Express systems
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- Link status LED through face plate
Dolphin PCIe 4.0 NTB Host Adapter comparison
The table below compares the PCIe 4.0 NTB host adapters available from Dolphin.
|PCIe Edge connector
|PCIe Cable port
|Quad x4 SFF-8644
|Dual x4 SFF-8644
|Quad x4 SFF-8644
|Single x4 SFF-8644