Dolphin's eXpressWare for Windows enables easy and efficient use of PCI Express networking for Windows-based applications.
PCIe Networks are designed for performance and reliability. Dolphins eXpressWare for Windows is designed to optimize performance and to provide a turnkey solution for applications communicating over PCI Express. It maximizes the low latency and throughput advantages of PCI Express and enables customers to quickly deploy scalable networks with PCIe cabling or backplanes.
eXpressWare for Windows consist of three main components;
- The SISCI API, a low level API for creating shared memory applications over PCI Express. The API offers an easy to uses environment and enables access to remote main memory or PCI Express devices resources. The API support PIO, DMA, Interrupts, reflective memory and multicast. Read more on SISCI API.
- SuperSockets, A robust high performance WinSock2 sockets API supporting very low latency network communication over PCI Express for embedded applications. Read more on SuperSockets.
- Standard TCP/IP driver. Enables all Windows networking software to take advantage of PCI Express. Read more on IPoPCIe.
These three components create a comprehensive develop and deployment environment for applications using a PCIe Network. The Windows version is ideal for low latency clustering of systems. It delivers extremely low latency as well as high performance Sockets and TCP/IP throughput between Windows Servers. SuperSockets supports communication to Linux systems running the our Linux user space software library. The SISCI API provides a true cross platform communication to other systems running Windows, Linux, VxWorks or RTX.
Typical applications includes:
- Medical imaging
- Test and measurement control systems
- Windows front end for GPU farms
eXpressWare supports all popular versions of Windows from Windows Vista and up to the latest releases. Please consult the software release note for details.
The software suite supports all NTB enabled standard form factor adapter cards from Dolphin and a variety of PCIe chipsets from major silicon providers such as IDT and PLX/Broadcom. The software is currently being ported to support the new Microchip Switchtec PCI Express switches.
The software is bundled with all NTB enabled cards from Dolphin and can be customized and and licensed to support third party boards and applications.
More details about the complete eXpressWare software stack for PCIe.